Thursday, October 2, 2008

Sub Work. JT and shoes.


I have worked in the Autism room at the Early Childhood center the last two days and WOW. Those kids are alot of work, yet they all seem to really be triing. It has got to be so difficult and frustrating to not be able to make yourself understood. It must be like speaking a foreign language where no one can understand you. I cannot imagine how hard it must be on the families of the kids. I did have a good two days, just challenging and interesting.

It has turned cold again and I have to convince my kids to wear pants and not shorts to school. After yesterday theyall begged to wear their winter coats to school. Here is my conversation with JT. JT said, "I want my winter coat today, it is really cold." I responded, "Ok, but you have to wear shoes with socks if you wear your coat." JT, "What, I want to wear my sandles and they look stupid with socks." I said, "No closed shoes with socks, then NO COAT." He agreed and wore his socks and church shoes to school. BTW JT has lost one of his brand new tennis shoes for school and we have searched and cannot find it anywhere. I understand losing socks, but shoes. But then again look at the photo, that is the attic in Zeke's room maybe it is there somwhere.

1 comment:

TStevens said...

Please Note that is a real tatoo on his chest. He begged and begged for it so we thought it would be a good life lesson down the road. A thing we psychologists call natural consequences.