Saturday, October 4, 2008

Homecoming, Hormel Institute and a looking for a new.





Austin High School had Homecoming yesterday and we won the game. Yea!!! Gunnar played in the marching band. He played lots of music yesterday with the pep fest, the opening of the Hormel Institute, the parade and the game. He came home from school with a 101 degree fever and like any good mother I gave him two Tylenol and sent him to play at the game. He felt better and enjoyed the game. I gave him two more Tylenol so he could go to work for a few hours today.
Amanda and I attended the open house at the Hormel Institute today and it was very interesting. They did not serve cookie and punch, instead they served cancer fighting foods like, cranberries, blueberries, dark chocolate cover ginger, carrots, tomatos, apples, peanuts, and broccoli. It was a nice change to cookies.
I am looking for a new party to join and support. the Republican party is no longer meeting my values and goals. I am sick of politics as usual. We do need a change, but no one running this year actually has a chance of doing anything different then is being done now. We do need another strong party to emerge and actually be a really competition to the other two. We were never set up as a country of only two parties, actually the founding fathers thought that two parties may ruin this country. We also need informed voters, not just more voters. Uninformed voters are worse then no voters, maybe we should go back to only property owners being allowed to vote. If you are going to vote then you better beable to defend that vote to others, know the issues and know the candidate stands. So get informed, get involved and get out and vote.

5 comments:

H. Wimmer said...

Lisa why don't you run for office you never know you could be the next Sarah Palin....I know how you feel but even if you are informed how do you vote if you can't find anyone? I love ya and I never knew you were so into the poltical world

Anonymous said...

You don't need to leave the party. Just get involved at the local level. You need to go to your caucus. Become a state delegate and throw the rascals out. Sounds like you should join the NRA also.

Paige said...

I am thinking the only way to fix anything is to start a new party or REVOLUTION! Will you join me, so far the law school students seem very supportive of this. In fact one informed me that this ideology already exists. Imagine that, someone already thought up the idea of a revolution? Seriously REVOLUTION. Both parties are so messed up, revolution is my answer!

Anonymous said...

History repeats itself



“Gentlemen,I have had men watching you for a long time, and I am convinced that you have used the funds of the bank to speculate in the breadstuffs of the country. When you won, you divided the profits amongst you, and when you lost, you charged it to the bank. You tell me that if I take the deposits from the bank and annul its charter, I shall ruin ten thousand families. That may be true, gentlemen,but that is your sin! Should I let you go on, you will ruin fifty thousand families, and that would be my sin! You are a den of vipers and thieves. I intend to rout you out, and by the eternal God, I will rout you out.”

Andrew Jackson
to a delegation of bankers - 1832

meredith said...

The parade was fun. you left off how we all threw bird seed at gunnar. That was fun too. Next year I'll serve everyone hotdogs and lemonade. :)