Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Colds, headaches and cold weather.

I started to feel very congested yesterday and by this morning I was very congested and yucky feeling. I knew I was working the afternoon at Nevelyn in the High Potential position, so I got up and took some Dayquil. I felt better, but now I had medicine head and felt sort of out of body. After a hot shower I felt better and the day went well from there. The classes were good and I even got some M & M's Amanda left for good kids. (I was very good). My sinuses are filling again and Gunnar has a concert at 7 tonight. It is cold and I am going to get a sweatshirt on and sit under a blanket on the couch until 6:45pm. My head really hurts, I think the Dayquil has worn off. I have taken my neck massager to my face and I think it did help, that along with the heating pad on my face. Burn and vibrate the gunk out of my head, maybe it will work maybe not.

9 comments:

Heather said...

Hey, you want a silver lining? At least you can take Dayquil! Remember when you were pregnant/nursing and couldn't take anything to help at all? Well, be grateful that you can actually take the good stuff. I don't think I will be able to have good medicine for at least the next 5 or 6 years. count your blessings, and pray that I don't get sick!

Heather said...

p.s. I am sorry that you are not feeling well, I didn't mean to make it sound like I don't care.

meredith said...

I discovered my addiction to benadryl when I was nursing. It was the only drug my midwife would let me take and it would clear my congestion and then make me warm and relaxed. I still take it for colds when I want to sleep. :)
Feel better Lisa. You can't be sick on Friday!

Nessa said...

Sorry you are sick! I'm glad that the neck massager is working out so well for you though. Meredith is right...you'd better feel better by Friday!

ps-do you know how hard I am biting my tongue right now???? :)

Unknown said...

I appreciate your thoughts and I hope to feel better. Nessa do not bite that tongue off. We can get photos at Walgreens of the kids in costume from 12-5pm on Friday. If I am not better I will dose up on Dayquil(thank heaven I can) and hopefully Bonnie will drive for me then, medicine head I forget where I am going and even how to drive.

Dr Chris Hill said...

Hi Lisa,


Here's a good video I found on YouTube about religion, you might like to view it and see if you have any answers for the questions it poses.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zDHJ4ztnldQ

I think it makes a lot of good common sense don't you?

From
Chris Hill
PS.
I'm just getting over a cold myself, so I sympathise.

meredith said...

Lisa, don't pick on my mom. She'll feel bad and stop trying to blog at all. Feel better but be nice!

Annie Anderson said...

just go off the deep end and get a small bottle of brady...mix with ice cream and take some warm honey drippled over the ice cream. You will feel better. you will feel dang goood. Repeat the above every 3 hours till you are feeling normal again.

Dane said...

Hey Lisa,

I can send an old shirt of mine if you need a sleeve. :)