Sunday, October 12, 2008

Remember Me



I loved this book. I love this author. Her writing is very cute, sweet and makes me smile as I read her books. For the faint at heart there is no sex in this book. I also loved her last book, The Undomesticated Goddess, it did have a small sex scene, but was so cute. The books are written by a English author named Sophie Kinsella and she is quite good at a romantic comedy. Her books are set in England. I had to ask David what a few words meant like; knackered(very tired), flat(apartment), minder(babysitter), loo(bathroom), crib(cot), bonnet(hood of car), jumper(sweater) and others. But, the lack of understanding of some of the words did not lessen my enjoyment of her books. They are fun and only about 400 pages. I enjoy an afternoon at home with one of her books. Highly recommended for a good romantic comedy read.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the review. You've always been spot on for me.

A faint of heart friend

TStevens said...

I read Sophie and recommended her to Lisa. So you are saying I have always been spot on for you - HA HA HA HA HA!!!!

Anonymous said...

Unless you have recommended everything else to Lisa 1st, I still mean she's been spot on. I bet you're always spot on for Lisa though.......

TStevens said...

Yes, Lisa is not allowed to read anything unless I approve it first.

Old school baby!!

Anonymous said...

I can pick my own books. Vanessa has had a few godd suggestions and I love most of the Linda Howards I have read. The covers are quite deceiveing. I love the Bones series of books. I find that author very good for murder mystery. Kathy Reich. David saw one at the library and brought it home. I have now read them all and am waitiing for the next one, a year from now. Lisa

Anonymous said...

I LOVE Sophie Kinsella's Shopaholic series. I can only hope that the upcoming movie isn't as disappointing as The Other Boleyn Girl was for someone who had read the book.