Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Big Foot in Big Mouth



I was working at the Woodson Kindergarten Center today and while at lunch I had an interesting conversation. There was a women who was a new sub and she was asking Sarah and I what we liked and dont like about subbing. She was shocked I enjoy Ellis and the High School above Sumner(an elementary school mentioned formally). I told her I would perfer being hung upside down in the basement by my toenails, letting the rats eat my eye balls out then sub at Sumner. Well, Sarah then introduced me to the other women who came in and sat down at the table, she then told me (after hearing my rat story), I am the sister of the Principal at Sumner. Oh well! She then did go on to say that it was a difficult school to teach in and that she would be teaching there for a few weeks early next year. She hoped to somehow learn to like the kids in her class. She had been able to meet many of the parents during conferences. She thinks that knowing the parents may help her understand and enjoy the kids more.

2 comments:

Grandpa and Grandma B said...

I thought I taught you better - living in a small town you find many people related to each other. You may get your wish never to teach at Sumner again.

Anonymous said...

I can only hope.