Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Gunnar's DC Project so far.




This is what he has so far. It has taken over eight hours to get this made of clay. After going to bed last night we realized that we needed six men in the monument and only had four heads. We added two more people today and then found a flag at Vanessa's house. Thanks! Now to work on the base for the statue.

Gunnar spray painted it right before dinner. I think it looks pretty good. Parents are fully involved in the making of the memorials the kids pick to do. Our neighbor made a copy of Fords Theater with the box seats that Lincoln was shot in. But, only having a few days is a pain. Gunnar's friends were over last night and I asked how they were doing. They both told me, "We haaavvveee until Thursday, so we have plenty of time to get started." I guess that must be more time then I think. There is a display of all the projects on Thursday in the gym for the public.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was suppose to add, Beat that Heather. From David

Heather said...

I was going to say that looks awesome and I could never do it that good, but now that I read David's comment I think I'll just say...eh, It's OK I guess.

H. Wimmer said...

Wow thats pretty cool....I'm glad I married Doug because he is good in art and he can help the kids out with there projects....since I can't even make Mr. Potatoe head look cool!!

meredith said...

That fabulous. I can't believe he did it so fast. Great job gunnar!!!!

Unknown said...

You can do it Heather. David is just jealous of all you artistic ability. We seem to have lots of musical talent coming out in the family, very little art so far.