Sunday, November 30, 2008

Gingerbread houses


We all went and made gingerbread houses at the church for Activity Days. Here is a photo of the houses. The kids enjoyed eating the candy. The Whites were working on the perfect house and we just stood back and threw candy at our, whatever didn't stick the kids got to eat. Or something like that. The next day I found that a tornado(or hammer) hit our house and it was a pile of crumbs on the kitchen table. All of the candy had disappeared and all I can think is that it was reduced to crumbled rubble by the said tornado the kids said must have hit the kitchen table. No one would admit to knowing anything else about what happened to the house.

4 comments:

meredith said...

ROTFLOL. Ours is missing a lot of candy already. This has never been an issue before, but some how everyone has gone candy crazy.

Paige said...

the house looks great and why make a candy house and not eat it? Really isn't that point. I always hated mom's beautiful ginger bread houses we weren't allowed to eat until Christmas, they just sat there teasing us.

Grandpa and Grandma B said...

The house looks great but the problem was too much candy. I think it disintegrated under the weight of all that candy.

Grandpa and Grandma B said...

Fun time for all I loved making the houses but Paige is right I wanted everyone to wait until New Years Eve to eat it. I think I remember though that there wasn't much candy left by that point in time, especially if their were chocolate mints in their wrappers. I found many a wrapper with bits of paper stuffed in it to "Fool" Mom.