Saturday, September 13, 2008

Student Council and the week.



Ezekiel won the Student Council representative position in his classroom, but he did not win the Vice Presidential nomination in his class, he was disappointed.
Gunnar got call backs for Austinaires and was a little disappointed. He feels that one of the other boys was more highly favored and well that is not acceptable to Gunnar. Gunnar thinks he is great and he tells us all how great he is all the time, it is hard to find out that maybe you are not as great as you always thought. He should know if he is in or out of Austinaires by the end of next week. He was elected to choir council and to the student council for AHS.
Qatar and Gunnar went camping for the Young Men this weekend, and it is raining. They will be back early afternoon to get so work done around the house. Qatar's room is almost impossible to walk into and Gunnar's door will only open wide enough to squeeze into.
Qatar had a busy week at school and is deciding what bus he likes to ride home the most. We live close to the High School so he can take a bus there and walk or two stops are close to us he can chose from. Hard decision.
Cenneidigh had a good week at school and was excited to get reading buddies from the first grade. Her Sunday School teacher called to get a list of four talents Cenneidigh has. It should not be hard, well it was. I came up with friendly(most of the time), a good reader, a fashion designer in the making(even if sometimes I think she is color and pattern blind), and great with animals.
JT has a hard time with doing homework everyday and tries to tell me he does not have any, but he has one sheet, at least, everyday. He was finally able to play with his good friend, Mason, Friday and Saturday. Mason goes to Catholic School and JT wants him to quit and come to Banfield instead.
Parker and I took four long walks this week and did intervals. He loves that. I walk fast a block and then run a block, repeat. He love jumping up and down at me why we run. He needs a hair cut and a bath today. I think I will get him groomed into a poodle cut just for fun and photos. He is a hairy monster right now. Here is a photo of Gunnar picking Parker up like a baby and Parker does not like to be held like a baby, but Gunnar is still bigger, so what is a dog to do.
I started squats last week and an doing more and using weights this week. My thighs really ache every night, but I am sleeping like the dead. I am doing split, sumo, classic, and straddle squats. I am muscle short and fat high. I need some fat burning muscle now that I am getting older. I am also working on my arms with dumbbells. So right now I am just sore all the time. Just a note for the younger reader, "Getting older sucks. Time is a thief. Weight creeps on and muscles leave". I now will make working out 4-6 times a week a priority.

No comments: