Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Good Byes








Goodbyes were said, on Saturday the 13th of September, for my parents at Steven's house. They will be gone for 18 months in Iceland. Amanda is going to stay in the condo and take care of things. Micah made many different pies for the party. I loved the berry pie(the only one I tried) it was very good. We had fun talking with friends and saying good bye for awhile. Really just "See you later."

Last night we went to Rochester to see my parents set apart by the Stake President. The Stake President talked about how special and important missions are and asked who was planning on going on one in the future, JT was the only one not to raise his hand. JT said he could not leave his Mommy for that long. The Stake President blessed both my parents with things that he perceived they would need on their mission. My mom was blessed with peace of mind about happenings at home.

After the setting apart David, I and the kids went to Chipolte's for burritos and Cenneidigh ate one by herself. JT only got through two of his taco and David ate the rest. The other boys all finished their own burritos. Everyone but me had steak, I love the vegetarian with the guacamole. I figure there are enough calories in the burritos without the added meat. We then went to meet Steven's family and my parents for ice cream at Coldstone. The kids had kids cones with one mix in and David had a smoothie. Ice cream is pretty much poison for my system, so I was not even temped to have any. Of course I had just finished a huge burrito, so I was not even remotely hungry. Abby got covered in ice cream and made silly faces for us on the way to wash her hands.

We drove home and put the kids to bed after 9pm. They were bears to get this morning for school. JT and Zeke do not like to get up at all, yet alone when they are tired from the night before.

Click the link on the left side of the screen for my parents blog and hear all about their mission, once they get there. They will be leaving for Utah tomorrow to stay with Randy and family, then off to the MTC, my mom will make a quick stop in California to say good bye. They fly to Iceland on the 27th of September.

Here is a mixture of photos from the party, the setting apart, dinner and ice cream.

2 comments:

meredith said...

sounds like a great way to say goodbye. I hope that everything goes well for all of you. We'll keep up with the blogs to hear all about their mission.

Paige said...

wow, Zeke looks so happy in that pic. He always seems to take it the hardest when they leave.