Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Spend out.

I spend out this last month and bought a LL Bean Boat and Tote, I choose the colors and love it. It is pink and red and so cute and huge. I take it to church and to work. I love it and it is just for me.

I took this from Gretchens web page.

Spend out encompasses several resolutions.

I have a miserly nature; by spending out, I mean to stop hoarding, to trust in abundance. I find myself saving things, even when it makes no sense. Not long ago, my last pair of jeans started falling to pieces. I made myself go shopping, bought two pairs -- and yet, I've still only worn one of the pairs. Why am I saving the others? Not wearing clothes is just as wasteful as throwing good clothes away.

I also need to spend out by letting things go. I re-use razor blades too many times, I keep my toothbrushes for too long. Lisa again, I do this too often. I also save things for later and then never use them. Stationary, pretty candles, jewelry(silly to have these things if I don't use them.)

Spend out applies to creativity as well as to possessions. I find myself thinking, “I should save that story…” or “I don’t want to use all my best examples now…” But pouring out ideas is better for creativity than doling them out by the teaspoon.

The most important meaning of “Spend out,” however, is that I shouldn’t be a score-keeper, I shouldn’t stint on love and generosity. As St. Thérèse of Lisieux wrote, “When one love, one does not calculate.”

This is Lisa again and I think that I need to stop saying that I made dinner last night, its your turn. I do everything around here. Instead trust in love and do not calculate that everyone else owes you.

2 comments:

Heather said...

As a woman, it is hard not to calculate. Randy does so much for me just by working and supporting our family that it isn't even worth keeping score at home.

Dane said...

what insightful posts you have, my friend. Keep 'em coming...I enjoy them.