Sunday, May 16, 2010

Destruction and tear down(what a mess)





Working on the entry hall and the stairs. Getting the plaster down and then the lathe. It is a huge mess and we took one truck full of plaster to the dump and two filled with lathe to the burn pile. This is going to take awhile, we are now deciding if we will rip out the staircase and put in another(spiral or elliptical.) Big decisions when we get the rest ripped out. The staircase isn't the original, changing it would give us more room in the entry which is pretty tight right now.
Getting things up and down will be more difficult, but we have another staircase at the other end of the house. Thought?

2 comments:

Heather said...

I guess I am really confused about what you guys are doing and why you are doing it. I need before and after pictures. I have no ideas for you since I seem to be lost on the renovation.

H. Wimmer said...

Spiral staircase!!! That's my vote