Monday, January 4, 2010

Resolutions for a New Year

David and I were discussing our resolutions for this year. I said I really didn't have any tangible ones. So here is my list: 1. Live in the here and now, be more present in my own life.
2. Read more(this kind of causes trouble with 1 but only a bit.)
3. Remember life is the about the journey not the destination.
4. Write more.
5. Figure out what I want to be when I grow-up.(this is an on going) Get out of this mid-life crisis once and for all.
6. Enjoy life and have more adventures. Life is too short to sit on the side lines.
7. Make better use of my time and money.
8. Become less judgmental, allows others to be themselves without comment from me.
9. Realize that mistakes are the way we learn and that nothing is wasted when it comes to experience.
10. Enjoy my children everyday.
11. Let stupid expectations go and let stupid people bother me less.
12. Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow.
13. Stop and smell the roses and the cookies and the fresh cut grass and the coming storm and all the other things this life offers.
14. Take a moment and thank our Heavenly Father for this amazing experience everyday.
David told me he wants to gain 100 pounds at least and apply to be a contestant in the Biggest Loser. He gave it a good try yesterday. But in all seriousness, I think that 2010 will be amazing. Here's to all it will bring and all we will become.

5 comments:

Grandpa and Grandma B said...

Great resolutions. Our 1st counselor in the Branch Presidency said in his testimony that he learned to not be judgmental this past year. Then speaking to a new member he said I remember when I first met you and judged that you would never join the Church. Everyone laughed as I am sure most everyone made the same judgment and what a great member we have in that individual.

Heather said...

I like you the way you are Lisa. that being said, self improvement is always a good thing.

Unknown said...

Thank you, but I need a few tweaks even so. I like you the way you are too. I got the cutest fleece socks for Lily, I was looking for me and they were out of my size and had two little pairs on clearance. I just need to mail them now, that could take awhile.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Grandpa and Grandma B said...

Life goes by to quickly to not do all those things. Adventure is the name of the game, with that said the University of Iceland just announced that Hekla, one of the many resident volcano´s here will erupt anytime now, it has reached the levels that it was at when it erupted the last time, should be interesting and a great adventure!!