Thursday, January 7, 2010

New years clean-out.


David and I have gone through our closets and this is the pile that is going to the Salvation Army. I figure if I haven't worn it in a year it is time to go. I haven't worn quite a bit actually. David cleaned out a huge amount. We are also getting rid of a comforter set, so that was two bags full. We bought new duvet covers for our new bed and they are really cute, I will post a photo when I get one taken. I hope to have more piles like this every week. I'm sick to death of clutter, if I'm not using it, it needs to go. Peter Walsh is my hero. link to his site

7 comments:

Grandpa and Grandma B said...

Next - maybe a few less trips to Walmart. You know me I hate to spend money.

Grandpa and Grandma B said...

Good for you a clean house is a great way to lift winter blues!! We all need to move every three or four years it sure does eliminate the clutter but what a pain so we can all just pretend we are moving and that should work also.

Heather said...

I'm totally on board with de-cluttering my house. I just have to actually do it.

I have noticed that a clean refrigerator helps. don't stick it on there if you don't have to. it you want a picture up, then frame it. if it isn't worth framing, then you can probably throw it away.

Dane said...

Brilliant. I'm not gonna check out the link 'til I have at least an hour though--I can already tell I'll like it. Bummer. ;)

Grandpa and Grandma B said...

Heather- How could you possibly throw away those sweet art treasures, I still have a file folder full of them. When it came time to move I pared it down to one or two per child but that was hard. The fridge is a great display place and the kids love to see their art work up there.

Heather said...

That is funny. I was talking about photo pictures. Not art-work. you know, from family and friends who send you updated pictures. But I don't really leave the kids art work on my fridge either. I hate the clutter-y feeling it brings. I do put it on their cork board in their room though. I also have a container I put Tyler's Kindergarten projects into. I don't know what I will do when all 3 of them are doing projects and drawing all the time. ugh.

Unknown said...

But Heather, it's pictures of your kids. And given all our kitchen cabinets are metal we have them all over the whole room.