Wednesday, November 3, 2010

I love the honesty of children

In preschool this week(subbing again) I was talking to two little girls about washing dishes. It was an activity we were doing at the sensory table(plastic dishes, not dirty, in a large tub of soapy water, for fun.) They were laughing and having a good time. I asked if they helped at home with the dishes and they said no. "My mom does the dishes and the cooking." Does your dad help your mom?" "No, he just sits around and drinks lots of booze." Well there you have it for honesty. I think I really could have caused a fight if I had mentioned that to both parents when they came to pick up the girls. Man I just love kids.
I did ask again about the word booze and I had heard then correctly. Another little girl threw up all over the table, so we shall see how that goes with staying healthy this week. Quite the day.

1 comment:

Grandpa and Grandma B said...

If you want to know what is going on at home as a child