Thursday, April 1, 2010

Deep thoughts


I always thought when I reached 40 I would have my life together, I would know exactly were I was going and what I was doing. Yet, I don't have a clue. I feel like I'm still getting to know myself, I must admit I like myself more every year. Maybe I'm finally fitting into my own skin, or maybe I've spent enough time with myself to know what to expect. Either way I still wonder what I'm going to do in the next three years(before JT goes to Ellis and he'll be gone from 7:15am to at least 3:15pm without any extra activities.) I enjoy working, just not everyday.
We watched Julie and Julia and it really is making me think. It took Julia Child eight years to write her cookbook and then to have it published. She wasn't looking for anything more then something to do while her husband was at work in Paris and she became a famous cook. She worked hard and she became discouraged, but she found her nitch and the rest is history. I just wish I had a map to help me find my nitch. Hard work is not scary if you enjoy it. Short term goals are great and I just need to find one now.

2 comments:

TStevens said...

short term goal = make your husband happy

Heather said...

I'm with you. I'm not sure what my niche is yet. My advice....read your patriarchal blessing.


But for now, just enjoy being my kids favorite aunt!