Wednesday, April 28, 2010

City Pride Day and Community Clean Up

All done, time for donuts and home. We are soaked from the knees down.
Cenneidigh found a rock full of quartz so she brought it home to put in the fountain.
A dirty wet, not as cool as last year, job. We cleaned around East Side Lake, just like last year. The kids all whined when I told them about it last night, but they came excited to see what fun things we would find this time.
1. Large rusty electrical screw driver(Looked like a great murder weapon, but we never found a body, at least not a human body.)
2. Child's bow, but no arrows.
3. Top to a plastic garbage can
4. Poke balls they use to catch fish with(JT's idea for all the bobbers we found.)
5. Fishing lures
6. A few dead fish
7. Many unused paint balls(we burst them then picked them up for the garbage.)
I swear the park was cleaner this year then last.
Following a shower for everyone, the three youngest and I went to see The Unwicked Witch at Matchbox. Amanda won tickets on the KAAL morning trivia contest on Friday. I've entered several times and never have won. I need to send it out to the universe so I can win one of these days.

1 comment:

Dane said...

I remember road clean up with you! Good times. I find it hilarious that you collect thing, what an awesome tradition!!