Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Easter

Beautiful walking weather, at last.
Cousins playing the the yard after dinner.
My burn, ouch!!
Before cooking, the leg with rosemary and garlic.
Davids modified trifle
The finished lamb, yummy. The vegs were just the way I like them.
Easter weekend was beautiful, the weather was great. David and I took the dog on a walk both Saturday and Sunday morning. We watched conference and enjoyed the talks on families and relationships. We bought a leg of lamb, since Iceland we had been missing lamb. I burned my hand in the oven, I had barely turned it on and it was HOT HOT HOT already.(The rack was too high at first and had to be moved.)
We all piled in the van at 4:30PM and headed to the Connetts for dinner. Ham, lamb, three or more kinds of potatoes and I love potatoes(my downfall if I ever have to diet.), dip and crackers, and more food then we needed. Vanessa made several different desserts that looked delicious, but I was ill from eating too too too much dinner. We all made plans for the egg hunt the next afternoon(yes we hunt eggs on Monday.)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

we had a ton of fun. And the egg hunt was fun too. Who knew the weather could be so nice for Easter in minnesota?

~Meredith

Grandpa and Grandma B said...

It was a great dinner and I enjoyed the lamb especially since it was with family too!