Friday, April 16, 2010

Act the way you want to feel

This one is fun, have you ever tried to smile when your head feels like it will explode? Exactly! But, if you are in a funk, smile and maybe you can feel good for awhile at least. If you want to be happier, then act like you already are. Some times people that are always upbeat and happy are looked down on as not being as intelligent as others who are critical of things and seem to know what they are talking about. Being critical is easy, try it. Barry Manilow, whats up with the hair?
So easy, you can think of about a million things to be critical of, but how many can you be positive about? It's not less intelligent, it's actually more. This is one I will strive to do better at. I love Barry Manilow and I can come up with a million reasons why, his voice is soft, his songs are sweet, they seem to speak to me, etc... There are many reasons to be critical of him, but I choose to see what I want.(even his hair)
Choose to see the good and the positive, it will be amazing. I'm starting right now. I have the fountain to clean out and it is nasty from sitting there all fall, winter, and a few warm days this spring. But when I get it done it will be blooming and beautiful, even if I need a new pump. I've never actually bought one yet, just inherited them, so it will be an experience too.

3 comments:

Nessa said...

I can come by with the little boys and let them play in your yard and help you out with the fountain if you want. Let me know what time you are doing it. My goal today is to get our dead fish out of our pond. :)

Heather said...

I act like I am happy my boys "cleaned" even though I just have to fix it later....same goes for Randy.

Anonymous said...

Cher and I had this conversation just yesterday we called it, "fake it 'til you feel it." and it usually doesn't take long!

The fountain sounds pretty! -dana