Friday, April 2, 2010

Books 44 and 45 Nurture Shock WOW

Loved this book, I have raised my kids all wrong. All well not much to do about it now, but this was really interesting and enjoyable to read. Arguing with a teenagers is good for them, maybe not you, but for them. Being too permissive and your kids will rebel more often then if you are stricter. Spacing in children is not important, it is the way the child is that determines if they will get along with their siblings, not the distance apart. Do not be fair, trying to be fair in all things with children and problems will develop. All kids need different things and different attention and praise. Children are unique, darn none of that been there done that. Darn.

I did not cry like I expected too with this one. The last one I read broke my heart and when I think about it I feel like someone has punched me in the chest. This was okay, nothing great, but a nice story.

1 comment:

Heather said...

So does that mean I still have time to raise my kids "right"?