Saturday, April 24, 2010

Do it now!!


Why? Why? Why? I don't want too, I will do it tomorrow, or maybe next week. I'm going to hate this one. Procrastination is my middle name. Yes it is, Lisa Procrastination Peters. I can't help it, I was born to delay. If you have any ideas let me know. I know the whole thing about how to eat an elephant, one bite at a time. But please, some tasks are meant to be delayed.
Example: Cenny needed to have her palate widened for braces, well I forgot to get the two teeth pulled, the ones needed before they could do the procedure, for over 6 months. Finally done and they then decided she didn't need her it widened any longer, see it works sometimes. Intermittent rewards are the worst for procrastinators like me. If it worked one time, maybe this time it will too.
Tell me your strategies, please do it now!

3 comments:

Nessa said...

I make a list every morning of what I need to get done that day...if I don't finish it by evening then I don't let myself use the computer or read until it is done.

Nessa said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Dane said...

I have no ideas, sorry. BUT I was thinking just today that I really need to become a list maker. I am really good at diving into something and giving it everything I have. Problem there is...that's all I do!!

I was thinking I really need to start my week/day (month, year--too big for me!) with a list so I get the things done I need to rather than want to. Well, and pray with it, cause I'm all over the place. I need guidance.

There. A lil book for you to read. (It was going to be a sentence...but you insisted with your "do it now") (Do you have a post on blameing issues?) :)