Friday, April 9, 2010

Happiness

"The days are long, but the years are short."
"One of the best ways to make other people happy is to be happy myself." I've been thinking about the book and what I learned and I have to tell you that it's so important to be happy, not just for you but for everyone around you. Even if you are in a funk(I am often) it is important to fake it for you family. Act the way you want to feel and maybe you actually will. I loved the idea of a happiness project and will ponder that for awhile, but for now I will strive to be more conscious of things and act the way I want to feel even if I'm not feeling it at the time. Polly Anna had it right, look at the world as a wonderful place and it will be just that. It's easier to be negative and find fault, then it is to be positive and see good.
Be yourself even if it isn't exactly what you always thought yourself to be, you will be more at ease and happier. If you don't like something about yourself then change it, otherwise embrace your differences, idiosyncrasy, likes and dislikes and love them(who cares what other people think). They are what make you, YOU!!
The end of the book made me cry. "I might think on some dark, distant morning. How glad I'll be that I did everything within my power to appreciate the life I have now, just as it is." Who know what's coming, hopefully nothing but joy, but we should be prepared either way.
LOVE THE LIFE YOU HAVE TODAY.

3 comments:

Nessa said...

I like this idea!

Grandpa and Grandma B said...

Yes live the life you have been given and if there is something about it you don't like then change it - we have the power to be happy.

Heather said...

I looked it up at the library yesterday and it said it was on the shelf. I looked for a long time and couldn't ever find it. It must've been misplaced or checked out right before me. I'll look next time though. You have convinced me it is worth reading.