Monday, April 26, 2010

Great Day!! Being 40 is making me happy!


I was subbing at the high school the other day. One women I worked with could not believe I had a 16 year old, she wanted to know if I had been 16 when I had him(I now love her). Then on the way out the door(I did not realize the door was locked on the inside) a man was nice enough to show me another way out if I got stuck at that door without someone with a swipe card. He then called me back to tell me something else and he said I quote: "Young Lady, there is ....." The rest is unimportant. Did you hear that, YOUNG LADY, David said it must have been an old guy, no he was maybe in his late 40's, got to love it. I think I will start telling people I'm 49ish, then I really look good for my age. Being 40 has not been bad at all. The alternatives to getting older are not pretty, so I'm OKAY with being 40 and all the years that come. If I start to feel bad about my age, I'll just lie and tell people I'm a few years older then I really am. Why bother with trying to be younger when it is more fun to have people tell you you look young.

1 comment:

Dane said...

ROFL!!! Tell people you're 49ish...fabulous idea!