Monday, April 12, 2010

Being Lisa

That's me, flaws and all. Being Lisa is difficult sometimes. I love things that others laugh about and then I feel bad, but why? I love Barry Manilow, dark chocolate, making chocolate frosting and eating it right out of the bowl, cookie dough(raw eggs be damned), being alone now and then, laughing, being silly, white teeth(time to bleach them again), fleece anything(socks, blankets, pj's, sheets), country music, straight teeth(I wear two retainers every night and I see the dentist at least twice a year), zippy hoodies(any color), microwave meals(if I lived alone I would only mircowave food), hate the doctors office(I rarely go, I hate check-ups), sappy romance novels, feel good movies(I check reviews to be sure no one dies before I go), riding my bike especially alone(the wind in my hair and no hands), I never wear a helmet(bike), I always wear my seatbelt even if just backing up or moving the car a few feet, I don't make my kids wear helmets(bikes), but I do make them wear seatbelts, I'm dyslectic and always thought I was dumb and still do sometimes(I love to read and have compensated for the problem), I exercise almost daily and I enjoy it, I really do even if I'll never have a super model body, Crocs(need I say more?), I go to bed at 9pm every night(hard with teenagers sometimes), I get up at 5:30AM to workout or make lunch, I throw away most of the papers from school(who can keep them all), I want a nice yard, but I don't want to do the work so I realize I wont have a nice yard, I still miss Fred(my dog of 15 years), I loved living with my grandparents for a year, I will have a hard time sending my kids to BYU Idaho(Only the real BYU counts in my head), I love that people think I'm younger then I am(I may raise my age to keep that going), I don't want to live in Utah ever again, I love living so close to everything(we can walk to most things in town), I love staying home, but I like working also, I may have ADHD(I have a hard time staying on task, easily distracted), I've been to a therapist(thought I may have been crazy), I'm tired more then I should be(low iron and I hate iron pills), I want to be an author(three books so far, not good but written), I'm in the middle of a mid-life crisis, have been for several years now, I like toddlers better then babies, I could go on and on and on. Laugh if you will, but this is a small part of being Lisa.
So think about you and enjoy your uniqueness. Raise a glass to being YOU. Your the only one who can do it.

6 comments:

Nessa said...

Cute post and by the way I'm totally with you on the whole cookie dough and frosting thing!

Heather said...

I didn't know you were dyslectic. I don't think your dumb either. You are awesome.

Anonymous said...

I like knowing Lisa. She's fun to talk to, a great motivator for walks (b/c she's a lot faster than I am), she tells funny stories/ jokes, I've never know her to be mean. (She never pretends to be "helping" you as she says mean things about you) she knows her kids aren't perfect and that they sometimes do stupid things, but thinks they're awesome anyway. I love having her for a friend- even if she ignores my nagging to wear a freaking helment and NOT eat raw eggs!
~Meredith

A Sharing Heart said...

Lisa,
I loved you post. Thanks for sharing who you are so I can know you a little better. Isn't it wonderful that we all have things we struggle with in this life and still can be happy with who we are because we know who we are and where we came from and where we are going in the eternal realm of things.

Renee Anderson said...

I Loved this post....from the heart is a beautiful thing.

Dane said...

Love, love, love, love, love this!!

And I hate this.

It makes me miss you more.

Enjoy yourself for me! :/

Til we meet again...