Saturday, August 30, 2008

The State Fair in Minnesota


WOW!!! I do not think I have ever seen so many people in one place. I have been to Disney Land and World and there were still more people at the fair. It was like walking in a sea of people. We had a hard time finding parking and ended up on the U of M campus parking lot and walking around the fences to get into the fair. We walked into the midway. HUGH.

The first thing we did was wade through the people to find the stage Zeke would be performing on. We found that and then went to look at the fair items. We got lots of free stuff, a free reusable grocery bag for everyone, free tickets to a U of M girls basketball game, pens, hats, silly stuff, lots of papers.

Zeke wanted to ride the sky ride to see the whole fair. He was very excited, but once we got on he decided he would not do that again. We went over half of the fair and over a building with shoes, toys and lots of garbage on the roof. Zeke wore flip flops, so he took them off so as not to lose them during the ride. The ride was like a ski lift, you stand on a line and it scoops you up. We took lots of photos from the top. David and Gunnar walked across to see us at the end. The fair is so big it has another sky ride on the other side of the grounds.

Zeke was nervous to perform, but ended up with a flawless piece. They had a first and second place, but he did not win he did great. He was in the top 3 and I am not bias at all. Gunnar was so excited to see Zeke perform and hopes to be there next year. As for me if I never went again, it would be tooooooo sooooooon. We got home at almost 1am. I am a small town girl. Traffic is bad, bad, bad, bad. My parents and Amanda came to cheer on Zeke and we made a great cheering section.

Thanks to Vanessa and Eric for taking care of JT and Qatar, and thanks to Meredith and Shawn for taking care of Cenneidigh. It would have been very difficult to have them all at the fair.

3 comments:

meredith said...

Hey it was no problem to hve Cenneidigh. We're sorry that Zeke didn't win. We're sure that the kid that won was somebody's grandkid or something.

Heather said...

I was wondering why there weren't pictures of your other kids. smart mom. It looks fun though. I haven't ever been to a state fair.

Paige said...

I bet Zeke just loved that day. All the attention and alone time with his favorite people. I bet he'll always remember it! Wish I could have been there, maybe?