Monday, August 11, 2008

Photo in the Post Bulletin


Well last week our photo was taken at lunch at Sumner and now today it is in the paper. It was funny, because most days it is 12-20 people eating lunch together, but Vanessa had broken her foot and Meredith was late, and the rest of my kids were off with Grandma. And yes, we do go everyday. It is a great savings and the kids get a good lunch. I hate making lunch, it seems in the summer that the kitchen is never clean with all the meals and snacks. Lunch out at Sumner and the park really helps keep the kitchen clean and we ride our bikes for exercise. Wed site Article.
David was called as the new Elders Quorum President yesterday. He is now waiting to get counselors.

4 comments:

meredith said...

Technically I wasn't late. i was waiting for a friend and she was late. Really it wasn't my fault. I don't feel bad saying this because usually I am late and it is my fault and because I was late I didn't have to be in the picture. So it all worked out for me. :) It's a great shot of the 3 of you and I can't wait to meet you for lunch tomorrow!!!!

Nessa said...

Darn my busted foot...I could have been in the paper! I lost out on my 15 minutes of Fame!

meredith said...

You'll always be famous to me Nessa- as that girl crazy enough to move to MN from nice warm AZ-

Spaz said...

Who pays for a program like that. I'm sure it isn't the tax-payers. It is probobly some magical fund of money that just drops from the sky everyday. Or maybe the cooks all work for free and the food gets dropped at the back door by an anonymous cloaked woman. Because if the taxpayers paid for that, that "free" lunch probably isn't very free, and I would be really upset the county was wasting school funds on something like that and not using it on reducing class size or teacher incentives.
Huh.