Thursday, August 21, 2008

Fruit Flies


I hate fruit flies and try hard to avoid them. Well a few weeks back I bought a bag of apples and when I opened them at home some fruit flies flew out, YUCK. I still have them and have tried sprays and bottles filled with vinegar with holes it them( they can fly in but they cannot fly out). The exterminator left a trap last month and things got better, but in the last week things have gotten worse. Yesterday he came again, I was walking out to get Cenny's hair cut as I told him about the flies getting worse. I love this guy, he never judges me as a housekeeper(at least not to my face), he sees every room and I cannot close the door to the messy ones. Well, I get a call from David and he tells me the exterminator found the problem and took care of it, it was the potato bin. I forgot that I bought potatoes awhile back, and with the heat and humidity they had gone off. The exterminator cleaned out the bin and sprayed for the flies( a couple of thousand I think). He is such a nice guy and I am sure he tells his wife some great stories, but he never is rude. Well we have no potatoes or onions right now and almost no flies. The ones that were not killed will die in the next day or two from lack of food. All our fruit is in the frig. YEA!!!!

2 comments:

meredith said...

Yeah!!! I am happy that you are fly free!!!

Heather said...

I can't look at that picture without gagging. yuck!