Sunday, August 24, 2008

Primary Problems


We need teachers and we need sanity. We had two subs and the President taught Sunbeans and the next class up herself today. I had sharing time, so I could not fill in for the teachers that were missing, We are desperate to have teachers who are dependable and love teaching Primary. We have no Nursery leader and I am ready to declare that there will be no more Nursery at all, keep your kids in class with you until they are three. But, today during junior sharing time I had quite the time, there were only six kids, many are gone on vacation. I could not keep the peace or their attention. We talked about the Holy Ghost and his different roles, Comforter, Teacher, Testifier, and Guide. We hugged each other for comfort, then took a guided walk around the outside of the building, then talked about school and teachers for teach and testimony for testify. JT and Cade were awful and I guess they feel they can get away with it since they are related. They can bring the worse out in each other. They make constant gestures, talk and do exactly opposite of what they are asked to do. I think I might do a lesson about quiet and tell them the duct tape over their mouths is part of the lesson. I will secure it well.

5 comments:

Nessa said...

Lets just skip the duct tape amd more right one to wiring their mouths shut...think of the hand gestures that they'll come up with then...OH, THE HORROR!!!

Paige said...

hey I warned you about those two and the first sunday after school starts is always the worst. good luck!

meredith said...

LOL- They were that way when I was in primary as well.
I'm sorry about the lack of teachers, we had the same problem when I was in there. That's why we cpmbined sharing times, so that we had more people available to teach. It made sharing time horrible though. The only real answer is to keep praying for more members to move in. That's what i keep doing.
Good luck!!!!!

Dawn said...

I am sure that my children didn't cause any problems. I know that they are always on their best behavior!

Heather said...

Oh Mann, I have a much more appreciative outlook on primary now that I have been the sunbeam teacher. It gets so tiring and so hard. You hate to separate kids that get along so well, but they just can't handle being together. I know how you feel. I am SO thankful that I don't have that stress every week anymore. Good luck.