Wednesday, September 22, 2010

JT did break my nose

When JT was about 18 month old he came flying over the couch and plowed right into the side of my face. My nose bleed and swelled up and blacked both of my eyes. I went to the ER and the Dr. informed me it wasn't broken and that my septum was fine and not to worry about it. Well my nose had a funny curve in it and so I went back and he told me to push on it, to straightened it. I kind of lost my taste for doctors at that point.
Well I went to an ENT to get something for my stuffy nose. He took one look and asked when I broke my nose, I told him the story and he said, "No, it was broken." He then put a medicine in my nose and then a scope. I guess I have very narrow passages, especially where the curve is and a deviated septum. So surgery will straighten in out, but I'm not ready for that. I told him I would think about it. I'm not ready to have my nose broken again, and I couldn't until the summer anyway. Recovery time isn't going to happen when I need to work or see people. Black eyes will come with a broken nose and without re-breaking the nose(another option, I will have stints in my nose. Beautiful. Maybe I'll have to get used to a stuffy nose and a crooked nose(I have gotten used to the curve, I don't love it, but its there like it or not.)

2 comments:

Nessa said...

That sucks...but, if you do get the surgery next summer, think of the fun we'll have telling people that you have black-eyes because your husband beat you up because you didn't have dinner waiting for him! :)

H. Wimmer said...

Just think you could get a complete nose job and have the best nose in the family!!