Monday, September 20, 2010

Bacon panel at Hormel

I just finished another bacon panel and this one was fast. We only looked at the appearance and the texture of the bacon. Six samples in less then 30 minutes. It was like making 40 dollars an hour. If they could all be this easy. I felt a bit ill after the panels each day and I'm glad to be back to a bacon free lifestyle. Until next time I guess. I do miss the time to sit and read, they give us a five minute rest between samples and you would be amazed how much of a book I can read in that time.

3 comments:

Nessa said...

EWWWWW...and I can say that as a vegetarian!

Annie Anderson said...

Hey - how can someone get to do that on a regularly bases - who can i call to be a tester?

Thanks

Ann Anderson

Anonymous said...

Its only a few weeks a year, one year I made 1200 and that was a busy week. You have to be available between 1-3 pm I'll let you know when they have testing again. They test new tasters.