Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Book 120 The Last Song by Sparks

Why do I read this author? He makes me cry every time. This is really about the relationship between a daughter and her father. It has a love story intertwined, but the bulk is about the father/daughter relationship. I cried and I cried and the end was good, if not a little unrealistic, but it is a love story. Sparks can weave a tale of love and lost and keep you coming back for more. I swear every time I read one of his I won't read another and yet I do. Dear John still kicks me in the chest when I think about the end, along with the Notebook and A Walk to Remember. The Lucky One was not one to cry over, but the rest are. If you need a good cry, read this or Dear John, both will leave you in tears.

2 comments:

Heather said...

I have to say I am surprised you like Sparks. Seeing as you are not a fan of sad endings or sad stories. All his books I have read are very sad, but I've liked them too. I haven't read Dear John. Maybe I will pick that up today.

Heather said...

I went to the library, but I got the movie because the book was out.