Sunday, May 18, 2008

The Scottish Festival



We went to the Scottish Festival in Farmington yesterday. This is a annual event for the last 6 years, Bonnie and I started going when it was at McAllister College in St Paul. They have moved it to the fair grounds in Farmington. I love the Scottish Bands and the KILTS. What is it about KILTS. They are pretty hot.
At the festival we have been volunteering for three years making balloon animals in the family tent. We make many different items, but mostly swords and hats. Some of the kids must have had 15 swords or more. They are soft compared to the wood swords they sell at the festival. We always have lots of fun and eat lots of food. David went for the first time this year, and he tried Scotch Eggs, Haggis, and Suet. They were OK, I did like the Scotch Eggs. My favorite food is the crapes and I am going to get a crape maker for myself soon.
Here are some photos and the slide show on the side will be the Scottish Festival.

4 comments:

Nessa said...

We had a lot of fun! I'm glad we all got to go together, and hey we even have our matching surburns...how cool are we? By the way, I loved the Scottish crown that you wore at Church...very fashion forward!

Grandpa and Grandma B said...

Looks like everyone had a great time.

Heather said...

it looks weird to me. I'm glad you all had such a good time though.

Unknown said...

Weird? Whatever you cardboard picture taker wither. That is weird. The Scottish Festival is culture at its core. Culture Culture Culture, I tell you. Not cardboard!!