Monday, October 25, 2010

Qatar and possible asthma

Here is his crazy connect class from homecoming

Qatar was not looking good after a cross county meet last week. I took him the the urgent care and the Dr. said he had a sinus infection and possible asthma, exercise induced. He prescribed antibiotics, an inhaler and flonase to clear up his nose. No education on the inhaler, the pharmacist gave us a little demo and sent us on our way. I tried to get into see our Dr. but he never has any appts available. Bonnie told me about the Asthma Clinic at Mayo and we now have an appt. on the 4th of November. Hopefully they can tell us if he has it and if he does, what sort he has and how to manage it.
Little things keep coming back to me, aka..."Mom I love hot showers, it is so much easier to breathe afterwards." "I need a humidifier, its too dry and I can't breathe well." How did I miss the clues? I really thought he just had allergies and lots of colds. I need to let my kids know that maybe they need to tell me things that are not right with them more often and not always in the morning before school when things are crazy busy. (Hes in sunglasses in the back area of the photo)

3 comments:

Nessa said...

Both Jax and Cade have inhalers...sucks! Good luck at the clinic!

H. Wimmer said...

Good luck!! I have an inhaler and I use it when I work out the most but also during allergy season and when pregger.
It's not fun but it will help him breathe better that's all that matters

Heather said...

That sucks. Jake still has episodes where his asthma flairs up and we have to go get steroids in him. He uses his nebulizer relatively often.
As long as I keep up on his allergy medicine, his asthma doesn't really flair up.
Good luck.