Friday, October 22, 2010

The Miraculous Journey of Edward Tulane

I'm not counting this in my books read this year total, but I loved this book. I need to read it to the kids. I was subbing and we had three different classes in scantran testing and so I saw this book 0n the counter. I read it that day. The story is about a porcelain bunny who needs to learn to love, he is loved by many, but he is self centered and uncaring of others. This journey gives him the opportunities to be loved and learn to love in return (he lost those he loved along the way, but he grew a bit each time). The part were he's broken, made me cry, as did the end. This is a great story and not long at all. Read it and read it to the kids.

1 comment:

meredith said...

we have this book. Not only is it a great story but it has fabulous pictures!