Friday, October 1, 2010

Almost 20 year together and counting.



We still have a few months to go, but its always fun to think about the first time we met. We were both freshmen at BYU(Provo) and we lived in the same dorm area(DT). David was running a silly get-to-know-each-other game and I was fascinated by this tall thin goofy guy. I asked him out first, but his grandmother died and he missed our date to attend the funeral.(for real, I know it sounds suspect.) We went out one other time before he returned from his mission. It was a long, yet short courtship. December 28th will be 20 years and most of them have been great. The years of no sleep and being pregnant, those were tough. Spending 4 years pregnant is tough, not to mention nursing and diapers.(it was over a longer period of time, but still it was hard on all of us.)

2 comments:

TStevens said...

I was dorm president and you were attracted by the power!

And we went out that time BEFORE my mission even started. The way you write it sounds like we went out ON my mission. And even then we didn't really "go out." You asked me to MC your event, not on a date.

But the important thing to remember is you spent our whole freshman year begging me to go out with you :-)

H. Wimmer said...

Ah yes True Love!!! Let's just say if you guys hadn't gotten married I would have been so annoyed Lisa made us write her boyfriend on his mission. ;) Not to mention the boxes we mailed to you!!