Monday, October 18, 2010

Funny things kids say


Qatar asked me where I had put his pillow sheets after I washed them. I think he meant pillow cases.
One of the ELL students I taught on Monday, found me in the hall a few days later teaching another class. She smiled and then asked. "Why did you eat a sneaker?" I was puzzled, a sneaker, why would I eat a sneaker. She continued to insist that I had indeed eaten a sneaker. So I thought about Monday and came up with this. "You mean why was I sneaking food?" She nodded and laughed. "Well I was hungry and I thought you were to busy to notice. I had missed breakfast to get in early." She laughed and thought I was funny and if I was hungry then just eat, I didn't have to sneak it. In my defense, I pulled a granola bar out of my bag, broke it in half, and finding I was still hungry after eating that I went back to my bag and rooted around for the package to eat the other half. I wasn't really sneaking food.
JT usually says "fricking bad" thanks to a song Gunnar listens tooooooooo all the time. The other day he was watching TV and said "That was pimping bad." I turned and asked what he had said and I had heard him correctly. Me, "What does that mean?" JT, "I think it's stronger then fricking." Okay then.
A little girl at school asked me, "Why when you sometimes turn your head do you shiver?" I told her I had a tremor that I had no control over,but it wasn't contagious. She smiled and then informed me one of her eyes was bigger then the other.
We were watching for a little guys mom after school. He pointed to a women at the door wearing PJ bottoms. He turned to me and said. "My grandma says that people who wear their pajamas outside are just plain lazy. What do you think?" That is a tough one, I like my PJ's, a lot!!! I said, "I think it depends on the person." He nodded and then his mom appeared, not dressed in PJ's.
Just a few cute things that I get to enjoy.

1 comment:

Nessa said...

Funny post...even more enjoyable due to the fact that my 'lazy' butt is standing here in my p.j.s!