Saturday, January 31, 2009
Friday, January 30, 2009
Wednesday, January 28, 2009
The boxes contained(every share holder attending receives a gift box as they exit the meeting) one bottle Chili Masters, one summer sausage, one package Natural Choice pepperoni, the worlds best pizza cutter, one green label Completes, the Spam Book, one dipping ChiChi salsa, 3 coupons for $5 off certain products. A great haul for one night of interesting commercials and comical comments. Go HORMEL!!!! All the kids have stock from Grandpa for their birthdays, so they all get to go every year and get a box also. We get to times the items in the box by seven. Food wonderful food I do not have to pay for. YEA!!!! Check out David's blog for a give away from the box.
Sunday, January 25, 2009
Friday, January 23, 2009
Tuesday, January 20, 2009
There are some changes this year so watch out if you are doing your own. I will try to answer any questions you may have. This is the year to get new energy saving appliances and things. 2008 year the credit was discontinued, but it should be continued in 2009. Alternative minimum tax has a higher cut off this year then it will next year. Teachers still receive a $250 subtraction for non-refunded purchases this year, but not so far next year but maybe.
Monday, January 19, 2009
Saturday, January 17, 2009
Friday, January 16, 2009
Go global warming!! I wish global warming was a truth, but it is not obviously. We will be staying in hibernating again today. I hope you are warm. I did have the time to sleep in today. YEA!!!
David and I have a party at the country club tonight so I guess I will have to go out, but it is suppose to be 2 degrees by then. A huge warming trend is coming, 32 by Wednesday and if you think about it that is a 70 plus degree raise from yesterdays low.
Wednesday, January 14, 2009
I called the utility company and they showed up a few hours later relighting the pilot light and replacing the thermo cuppling. I am now worried about the boiler since I think we had the thermo cuppling changed a few month ago. The house is slowly warming up. Hot water heat is slow to get warmed, but stays warm longer.
Monday, January 12, 2009
Friday, January 9, 2009
Wednesday, January 7, 2009
1. I want to add $3000 to my emergency fund. (Emergencies are getting more expensive.)
2. I want to keep up with family and friends better then I did this year.
3. Sky dive this summer.
4. Eat better. Healthy meals. Veg. and fruits every day.
5. Yearly check-up at the dermatologist, gynecologist, 2 X's at the dentist, blood tests for all major items for my age, flu shot, all other health issues to stay healthy and live longer.
6. Pay cash for a trip to Iceland.
7. Read Little House in the Prairie to the kids and take them to Walnut Creek this summer.
8. Exercise 3-5 times per week in the winter weather. Summer is not a problem.
9. Put myself back on my To -Do List. (Oprah)
10.Increase my personal worship.
I am sure there are many more that I could list, but I want to get some of them done so I will not push it.
Tuesday, January 6, 2009
Saving money is never easy… It’s like you can never have enough. And when I attempt to put some money aside, I always find a way to use it. Maybe not today, but eventually I am back to where I started.
At least that’s how it used to be before I started to practice the following tips. You may not be able to buy your private charter plane with your ‘piggy bank’ money, but at least you’ll have a little something when in need.
1. PAY YOURSELF FIRST ON PAY DAY : One of the best things to do on pay day is to pay yourself. No, this doesn’t mean in the form of new shoes, or even a night out. It means, take a chunk of your check and deposit into your savings. If you run across unexpected money, or if you get a bonus at work…. put it into your savings. I know it’s tempting to spend it on a night out, or a ‘reward’ for your hard work …. but putting it away will result in more return. Putting away your money into a separate account will make it harder for you to use that money. (Try to deposit into an account you don’t have a debit card for.)
2.STOP BUYING MAGAZINES, NEWSPAPERS, MOVIES, BOOKS: I don’t know about you but the amount of money I spend on weekly tabloids is a bit excessive. Ok, so $4 doesn’t sound like a lot for a week’s worth of celebrity gossip…. but $4 per week adds up. Instead of buying magazines opt for the e-zine (check out the top ten Celebrity blog sites for more info). Rent movies, rather than purchasing them. Go to the library to borrow books rather buying a book you may or may not finish.
3.CUT DOWN ON EATING OUT AND ORDERING IN:It may be less convenient, but it’s a lot healthier, and money savvy. You’ll save lots of money on food, and drinks.
4.USE YOUR PIGGY BANK- SAVE YOUR COINS: The change in your purse may not seem like a lot… but if you put it all into a piggy bank, you’ll be surprised at how fast it can add up!
5.COUPONS ARE A MONEY SAVER’S BEST FRIEND:Whether it be groceries, shopping, restaurants there are coupons available every where! Look online for deals, sales, specials. You can definitely save a lot of money doing this one!
6.CHECK YOUR CELL PHONE PLAN: If you are like me and my friends land lines are a rarity. Ask around and see what carrier your friends, family have. If you notice a trend, see how much it would cost to get unlimited mobile to mobile calls / texts. You and your friends should have the same service provider, it save us a lot of money!
7.RECORD ALL YOUR EXPENSES: You may not be able to record all your expenses all the time. However, try to commit to expense recording for one week. This way you can see where your money goes, and see some ways to cut out or budget your luxury items.
8. ”SALE” DOESN’T ALWAYS MEAN A GOOD DEAL:Make a list before you go shopping. Don’t buy unnecessary items. Yes, this sounds easy enough, but you’d be surprised at how many miscellaneous items I end up with. Just because something is on sale - don’t grab for it. Make sure it’s something you need. Honestly, if you don’t need it… wait …. it’ll most likely be on sale when you need it.
9. PAY YOUR BILLS ONLINE OR IN PERSON:41 cents doesn’t seem like a lot of money, but add up all those bills. Take some time to pay your bills online, or in person and you’ll be able to make sure you get your payment in on time.
10. TRY TO PAY WITH CASH: If you pay with cash, you’ll know when you are out of money. This is the best way to budget your expenses. Try to get rid of your credit cards, and pay with cash. You won’t have to worry about paying your bill on time, and / or interest. It’s the easiest way see how much you have to work with.
The above tips should help you save money — one penny at a time.
Any other tips on saving money? Let us know!
Friday, January 2, 2009
Next book I will be careful to be sure I am not going over board. Sorry about my photo earlier I must have not sign out yesterday and David changed my profile photo again.
Congratulation Heidi, Roxy is beautiful.