Saturday, January 17, 2009

Done with number 2!!


I finished editing my last book down to under 500 pages and then I printed it double space to allow some friends and family members to critique it for me. While I am waiting for them I started my next book on Monday. I finished it yesterday and this time I have the opposite problem. It is only 149 pages long, oh well now I need to edit things in instead of things out. It is all a learning process. I figure I should be writing the right length in about ten more books and then I may be ready for a publisher to read one of them.

7 comments:

Grandpa and Grandma B said...

send me some pages email so I can see it please. Mom

Heather said...

are ever you going to tell us what these books are about? or at least the genre?

Unknown said...

You will just laugh. Romance. I love reading and I enjoy the romance genre. Usually things are work out and everyone is happy at the end. I am a sucker for a happy ending. I also enjoy mystery, suspence, and chic lit. I feel funny saying I am writing romance, but I really like happy books enough bad things happen in real life.

meredith said...

I'm waiting to read it........
BTW- what is chick lit? I thought it was modern romance like Emily griffin. Is that right?

Dane said...

These little comments were helpful, as I'm still waiting to hear . . . you're writing a book?!?! I figured for sure it was on money, and you were the female Dave. :) How fun, I've always wanted to write a book--how inspiring!

Unknown said...

Maybe money and romance would be good. Read the Shopaholic series funny Chick Lit

Unknown said...

I love the Shopaholic series - can't wait to see what the movie is like.

Congrats on writing! I've always wanted to write a book but always get stick at Chapter 3 or 4.