Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Cold Cold Cold


We had no heat this morning when we got up. It took me about 45 mins to realize it.(I keep my house at about 64degrees anyway.) I went to turn up the heat because it was so cold, but it was only 54degrees and then I touched the radiator feeling it was cold. Dang!!!!

I called the utility company and they showed up a few hours later relighting the pilot light and replacing the thermo cuppling. I am now worried about the boiler since I think we had the thermo cuppling changed a few month ago. The house is slowly warming up. Hot water heat is slow to get warmed, but stays warm longer.

7 comments:

Heather said...

yikes. I was cold in my house yesterday and it was 68 degrees. brrrr. I hope you guys can stay toasty warm.

Nessa said...

You dork...next time come over here! If it isn't warm by tonight send us some kids and they can sleep here, okay?

meredith said...

I hope you have warmed up- at least some what since it's still well below zero out there. You can send kids here if you need to- or send them all to Nessa's and you and David can come here. :)

Ashley said...

Oh my heck...You are always welcome to send some or all here too! We have lots of room and warmth to share....and movies!!!!

Nessa said...

I just want it known that I volunteered first, so I get the points!

Grandpa and Grandma B said...

I volunteer also, send them my way I would love to have them and we have green grass in places under the snow. It has been around 40 degrees and raining. We had snow day before yesterday but then it rained again last night so it is in the 40s this morning. We even took a picture of the green grass to show all of you, check out the blog! We live in Iceland but I think Minnesota is in the arctic freeze right now.

About the radiators, over here they have flat ones that fit under the windows and they are very efficient. Also you can sit up by them and not get burned. Each of them has their own individual controls so each room can be a different temperature, you ought to see if you can find them there and put them in the attic when you redo it. They take up a 1/4 of the room as they are flat to the wall. Mom

Paige said...

I remember living in an old house in Provo that was always the temp our house was at...when no one was home and when we were home 65. It was fine then but now I keep it a toasty 73, yeah dad never kept it that warm either.