Sunday, December 20, 2009

Winter blizzard, no school.




We had a large storm, lots of snow and wind. You can't really tell from the photo that the drift is about 4 feet high between the garage and the drift. Lots of snow and now lots of cold. The kids were happy there was no school and we all shoveled out the walks after we found some shovels. They had been playing with them the day before and then just left them laying where they fell and in the morning we couldn't find them. I made them all walk around in the yard until they managed to find 2, the 3rd is still a mystery under the snow. We will find it in the spring. They looked hard when I told them Santa could bring them all shovels if they didn't find at least one of them.

4 comments:

Grandpa and Grandma B said...

OH Scrooge!

Heather said...

Hahaha. I would hide stuff before a big storm and then when they were out of school you could just send them outside to look. It would take time and they would be out of the house. ;)

Anonymous said...

Beautiful snow. Mine is melting. Boo. -Dana

Anonymous said...

My friend and I were recently talking about how modern society has evolved to become so integrated with technology. Reading this post makes me think back to that discussion we had, and just how inseparable from electronics we have all become.

I don't mean this in a bad way, of course! Ethical concerns aside... I just hope that as memory becomes less expensive, the possibility of downloading our brains onto a digital medium becomes a true reality. It's a fantasy that I dream about all the time.

(Posted on Nintendo DS running [url=http://will-the-r4-r4i-work.wetpaint.com/]R4 SDHC[/url] NetPost)