Sunday, December 13, 2009

Book reviews; Burn, The First Five Pages, and Survivor in Death

This is a great book for telling me I have a ways to go with my writing before it is going to be even looked at my an editor. I've really enjoyed the tongue lashing though, words not to use, phases to leave out and for heaven sake your dialog should sound like real people talking. Did you know that most conversations are not grammatically correct? I really have enjoyed this book and will continue to use the exercises to improve my writing.
Not her best. Lately her writing has been off. Very disappointed, I expected more.
Better then the last one that is for sure. I'm getting a little tired of this series.

2 comments:

Dane said...

So funny that gramatically correct writings are supposed to reflect the way we converse. Personally, I have much more fun writing when my writing is gramatically off. It's much more effective in making it sound like real people talking, imo. (like that--I actually say "i-m-o" when I'm speaking, haha!)

Anyway, I want to check out that First Five Pages, so thanks for posting it. A good lashing is often what we need, lol.

Good luck with that book--you're livin' my dream!

Grandpa and Grandma B said...

I can´t even imagine writing a book keep at it and don´t give up. Steve Berry is finally in the top ten best sellers.