Friday, December 18, 2009

Optional 3rd grade work

In the class I subbed in today one student decided that everything I asked him to do was optional and he decided to not do anything. After going through the card turning and the "NO" he went to sit in the hall on a break, but kept making faces and gestures in the doorway. After lunch and gym he decided that instead of math he would sing loudly at his seat. After a few times of asking him to stop, I marched him down to the office getting more upset every minute. I'm sure I sounded and looked exasperated when I opened the office door and told them I did not want him back. They just smiled and nodded knowingly. Some days as a sub are great and some are not, this was the hardest day I've had so far this year. I've been very lucky. I love specials(gym, special ed., art, music, etc.), preschool and kindergarten. Only problem is I usually get sick a few days after kindergarten, its a germ factory there.

12 comments:

Heather said...

I drove my 6th grade student teacher the hardest time. I would talk when she said not to, I would go pull my card when she told me to, but I would pull more than one to show her that the "cards" had no power over me. I would get others to do the same. I was a little brat. (I didn't like her and I wanted my teacher back) She would get so mad at me! I feel bad that I treated her that way. I found out later she never became a teacher.
Sorry you had a bad day.

Dane said...

BOO. Sorry you had such a crummy day! I find the office's smiling both humorous and depressing. Better luck next time!

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!

Anonymous said...

PapPlerbnep, clomid online poexyGoGemuro, [url=http://www.webjam.com/clomidonline]buy clomid[/url] Opelitect
23

Anonymous said...

woodsesty, levitra online, DinoEndorgo, http://virb.com/levitraonline levitra online, twepitiencisy, order levitra, thaccumence, http://www.protopage.com/orderlevitra levitra

Anonymous said...

Verduekssem, propecia online, spancenus, [url=http://virb.com/propeciaonline]propecia[/url]

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.