Friday, February 19, 2010

Subbing again

I was called yesterday to sub music. The last time I did, was one of the most boring days I've worked. I played videos all day for the different classes. This time the teachers notes told me to follow her notes or play the list of videos. Well it may be hard to believe, but there are people out there with worse handwriting then mine. I did my best to decipher her notes, and when the 1st class came in with recorders I finally knew what one note said. We played the recorders and then some of the other instruments in the room. After 3 classes of that, the 3rd graders came in without recorders so I played the video. After lunch I found a book called, "I'm a sub for a music teacher what do I do?" The 2nd graders and I played "Who Stole the Cookie from the Cookie Jar" and I followed the instructions in the book and it became a rhythm game. Everyone seemed to be having fun and it took up all the time for them to really get it going. Near the end of the day there was a Code Red and then the day was done. It was a fun day, but I feel like I cheated the 3rd graders. I looked over the book and next time I will be better prepared.

3 comments:

Nessa said...

Sounds like you had fun! Cade thought it was cool that you were there yesterday...next time he says he'll look for you at the end of the day! :)

Grandpa and Grandma B said...

Code Red ?? What is it!!

Anonymous said...

School lock down is a code red. All doors are locked and kids are kept inside classrooms with the shades pulled and away from doors and windows.