Monday, February 15, 2010

Percy Jackson and the Olympians –

Loved it, it did not really follow the book, but it was good. Lots of things they left out play a huge part in the next books so I'm not sure how that is going to work, but it was good. They left out Ares and his daughter Clarrise. The pine tree was not mentioned so that is going to be interesting since that is a major part of book 3-5. Medusa was great, scary especially in the fridge. Overall it was a good movie and exciting, a few slow spots but most was action packed. I read the reviews and didn't expect much so I was pleasantly surprised. Most movies made from good books are awful and never live up to my expectations. Maybe I've lowered my standards, but I liked this movie. Percy is 17 in real life, Annabeth is 24 and Grover is 26 so pulling off 12 years old would have been difficult, I think they were going for teens around 15 or so instead.
I read lots of things and books are always better then any movie. My imagination is so much better then any director could ever put on screen. Reading is were the real movies happen for me, I love to read. Of course it is fun to have a book you like made into a movie, more people see movies then read the books so then you can discuss what you liked about the movie and the book and hopefully more people will read the book then.
David and I read most books before we go to the movie, I still haven't seen The Time Travelers Wife because I haven't read the book. I won't see Dear John because I did read the book and I can't have that emotional upheaval again.

2 comments:

meredith said...

we just started reading it last night. we've finished the 1st two chapters and it's great so far!

Grandpa and Grandma B said...

Can´t wait to read it when we get home! I guess we will have to see the movie on the small screen! Mom