Thursday, February 4, 2010

Ageism: who is my child?

I was laughing about being old and then being young and then I was reminded of this summer when my cousins husband asked me how old my daughter was? Not Cenneidigh, Amanda. All I think is that he saw her only from the back and the side. She looks really really young from that angle. Of course that reminds me of going out to Utah and visiting Paige on Temple Square and all the couple missionaries thought we were her parents. Ouch!!!! That hurt, I was only 37. Of course then I was visiting teaching and the woman I was seeing told me she was so glad that my daughter came to work for the school district(what?) I must have looked appalled, because she remembered she was my sister then(only 12 years younger, not young enough to be my daughter) I can't wait for more fun facts and guesses about who and whose not my child. YUCK!!!
Side note: one of Gunnar's teachers could not believe I was his mother and Qatar's, Gunnar is so tall and well Qatar and I are not(have you seen his DAD!)
So I like the story about someone thinking I had to be 34, that is the way I want to remembered it.

4 comments:

Heather said...

wait...your NOT Amanda's mom? Shoot, I had it wrong this whole time!

Dane said...

LOL! You will always be 34 to me! :)

Grandpa and Grandma B said...

Just remember it is what you think and feel that counts.

Grandpa and Grandma B said...

I was in Disneyland once with Bonnie, I think I was all of 13 at the time. She wiped her nose on my coat and I got mad at her and he made the comment that Mom's are always much softer then kleenx. Mom I was 13, people don't think before they talk they just make assumptions. The worse was when we met up with s lady that Bonnie works with and she asked me if I were Bonnie's mother??? Only 9 years difference there!