Sunday, February 7, 2010

Science Fair


Ezekiel and Cenneidigh participated in the Banfield science fair this year. It's a requirement for 4th and 5th grade. Competition's optional, but they both decided to compete. I was asked to judge by Amanda, but not my children's divisions. Most of the projects were excellent and I enjoyed the discussion with the different kids on why and what they did.
Cenneidigh and her partner Emma won an award from Hormel for doing a food based project. Taste and smell and how they relate. Ezekiel did a project on hand eye coordination and video games. They both did a great job and I got some great pointer for next year. Make it easy with as few variables as possible and test multiple times for good results.
Thanks to Eric for the photos, the great mom I am I forgot the camera at home.

2 comments:

Ashley said...

Aww I used to love science fair time! We don't do that here in NC but I wish we did because I loved it and I bet the kids would. Kudos to you for judging it!

Ashley said...

In fact I still remember one of my projects...I got like 2nd place or something. I did an experiment to see what snack foods were the fattiest. It was really fun! There is an idea for next year...