Monday, April 30, 2012

Great news...not

Fructose malabsorption. People with fructose malabsorption have difficulty digesting fructose. This is a less serious disorder because it doesn't result in liver or kidney damage. But it can cause abdominal pain, gas, bloating and diarrhea.


Fruit juice, some fruits like apples, bananas and others high in fructose can cause digestive issues....especially in people with IBS.  Yep juice makes me sick just like milk...the news just keeps getting better.  Sorbitol is a No-No I already knew that one.  I've been trying to figure out what has been bothering me and I think it is the fruit juice I stick in my smoothies so that is out.  The fruit  is blueberries, cherries and banana which the banana is now out for sure.  We will see.  My back still aches but the chiropractor said that I need to work out of this flare-up.  WHine whine whine...poor me!!! More sucrose less tummy ache....a nice little problem for me.

No comments: