Sunday, September 6, 2009

My weekend reading. Peter Walsh and Tess Gerritsen.

Peter Walsh is one of my favorite clutter guru. He's always making me think twice about buying and acquiring new items I really don't need. This one made me cry in the first chapter. He talks about being present in our own lives and I'm very good at disappearing into me and missing out on things going on in my own life. Summer has been a bit long this year and I think it has been easier to sleep-in then face the kids who are sick of each other and even most of their friends at this point. It was a good eye opener and I'll now try to be present in my own life and get rid of the clutter, physical, mental and emotional out of my life. Sometimes I feel so overwhelmed with life, I think I am the only one feeling that way. But after reading this I would say that it is most of us.

Favorite story: Brian Dyson said. "Imagine life as a game in which you are juggling five balls in the air at the same time. You name them: Work, Family, Health, Friends, Spirit, and your keeping all of these in the air at the same time. You will soon understand that work is a rubber ball. If you drop it, it will bounce back, but the other four balls-family, health, friends, and spirit -are made of glass. If you drop one of these they will be irrevocably scuffed, marked, nicked, damaged, or even shattered, They will never be the same."
Work is resilient, but heath and relationships are fragile. Are we all remembering what is most important in life? I know I'm not.

Check it out if you are having issues with any of your balls in the air.



Another good one. Not as good as the last, but still a page turner. I left for church with only 30 pages left, when I got home I finished it and WOW I love mystery. Great story, modern day drama mixed with 1800 drama in the Boston area and a few murders to boot.

In Nursery I got to spend an hour holding a sleeping baby. It was a nice way to spend an hour. I didn't feel I needed to do anything else. Thanks Meredith.







3 comments:

Heather said...

Very cool, thanks.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.