Friday, September 4, 2009

My favorite genre- Mystery




Genre choice is something I thought I didn't have, I mean I like most things I read. Horror is not on the top of the list, I usually end up throwing the book out the window, the images are so real so I skip that one. I started my Romance phase about two years ago and have enjoyed the happy endings and light stories, fast to read and a fun way to spend a quiet afternoon. Vampire stories are huge right now, but they've lost their thrill for me. Chick-lit is cute and silly at times. Fiction is something I always pick up, how-to, self-help, history, religious, etc. Western have never kept my interest long.

Mystery is now my top rated Genre, I always loved it, but with the caliber of authors out there writing mystery it is hard to stay away. Tess Gerritsen is amazing and just getting better and better. Every one I read I'm surprised at how much better it is then the last. Kathy Reich, the one who produces Bones, is one of my favorites and of course the Icelandic author Arnaldur Indridason is pretty interesting to read.

If I could get close to any of these guys with my writing I would consider that a huge success. Who knows, we will see. Practice makes perfect, it's obvious in the authors I read. Every book better then the last.

If you haven't read Gerritsen you should she is amazing, I hardly put her books down once I start them.

Tess Gerritsen

4 comments:

Spaz said...

cool I will give it a try.

Spaz said...

It's Heather BTW Just lazy.

TStevens said...

She got this author from ME!!!!

This is one of a series, biik one is The Surgeon

H. Wimmer said...

Lisa it sounds really good and I have been looking for some new books!! I will have to try it out THANKS