Thursday, April 21, 2011

Picky Eaters in your house?

    Not in mine, I'm shocked by what my kids eat.  I think that they will shove the plate away and yet they always do a great job of trying everything.  Gunnar picks his food apart to be sure I haven't hidden any onions in there.  Qatar hates peas, Zeke hates beans, Cenny likes most everything, JT hates chicken.  Otherwise they all eat really well.  We had fish, Talipia, the other night and everyone ate it and we went through 4 pounds of the stuff.  I'm not a huge fish fan,but covered in mayo and BBQ sauce it was delicious(BBQ Fish with rice recipe)  we switched the rice for Quinoa and it went over really well.  Quiche is a favorite especially with pesto and spinach. 


  My kids love artichokes and with the price of them we don't get them often, they love tomatoes, peppers especially the red and yellow type, I can't keep asparagus in the house long,  Cucumbers are favorites along with celery and broccoli.  Sorry if you have picky eaters I have a houseful of big eaters who will eat anything that doesn't move.(maybe they're just afraid they will starve if they don't eat whats offered, I don't make other choices for them.  Eat what is served or be hungry, there is always bread available.)


    When they were little I had a miniature grinder and I ground up whatever we were eating for them as baby food, it seemed to help them like the taste of real cooking.

2 comments:

Grandpa and Grandma B said...

Yes they are amazing eaters not like our kids who were very picky!

H. Wimmer said...

I've tired everything and I have picky eaters. Mom even bought me a book and still they refuse to eat. Arrg