Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Heather it will happen fast

   From birth to five it seems like forever, then they go to school and it speeds up a bit.  Hit middle school and it goes faster.  When they start high school it flies by so fast you don't have time to think about it.  Boom its gone and they are grown-up and leaving.  We hardly see Gunnar these days and I know thats a good thing so we can get prepared for when he leaves.
     Love and hug them now, when they love you too, they will be gone in the blink of an eye.  I hope to cry enough now that I don't when we drop him off.  Heather can you make me some chocolate something for when we get to your house after dropping Gunnar off.  8/24, we will be leaving for home soon after that.  Cry, chocolate and hugs(Jake, Tyler, and Lily hugs also).  Thanks


Disclaimer:  I love all the kids, I just see Gunnar as the start of a larger exodus.  JT is at the age that sometimes I just want to lock him in his room and take a break.  This morning he decided that talking was too much work so he just gestured at everything and everyone.  Joy of the 9 year old and the youngest.  Gunnar gets on my nerves also, none of my children are perfect.  I have that days favorite and it is always the one who is doing the least complaining.

2 comments:

Heather said...

A post just for me?! Wow, I feel special. I don't remember my mother crying or seeming upset when any of my siblings left home. Maybe she did, I just don't remember it.

You are right though,some days are harder than others.

I will make you whatever you need when you come visit. Chocolate makes everything better. I'm sure my kids will hug and snuggle their favorite Aunt Lisa...especially Lily.

Grandpa and Grandma B said...

Heather you and your siblings never really left home. You are within a 1/2 driving distance. When we in Minnesota talk about leaving home we mean half way across the country, it is very hard. I cried all the way back to Utah when we left Lisa and Kristi, with Steven and Randy not so much but was still sad, with the younger girls it was a lot easier as I had already gone through it four other times, by the last one it was like when she went to Kindergarten, sadness that my baby was gone but happy that I now had so much more time to do what I wanted to do. Now I have all the time in the world to do what I want to do and the days are very long..that is why missions are so nice.